"A fish curing shed was erected and the late Mrs. Joseph Cooper's former residence was used as the cannery. Fish and ducks, and later jam, were canned some years afterwards at Mandurah by Mr. Charles Tuckey."
The following photos are from the Wilson collection, taken in the early 20th century.
- INTERESTING HISTORY. (1929, February 28). Western Mail (Perth, WA : 1885 - 1954), p. 49. Retrieved March 24, 2018, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article38878997