Jonathan Tong Barker
|Birth:||1883, Liverpool, England|
|Death:||4 February 1950, Holywell, Flintshire, Wales|
|Parents:||Thomas Henry Barker|
Mary Ellen Barker (née Moulsdale)
|Siblings:||James Denton Barker (18 July 1876 – 30 September 1958)|
Jonathan Tong Barker (1883 – 4 February 1950)
Charles Frederick Strangeways Barker (? – ?)
Francis Darcy Meade Barker (? – ?)
Henry Bertram Mitford Barker (? – ?)
Thomas Percy Conyers Barker (? – ?)
William Danby Holt Barker (? – ?)
|Partners:||Gladys Bythell Barker (? – ?)|
Jonathan Tong Barker was a chemist. He had a PhD in chemistry and worked for a chemical company in the US for some years. Son of Thomas and Mary Barker. He is recorded as arriving in New York, en route to Bay City, Michigan, on 3 December 1919, and his next of kin is given as his mother. He returned to Liverpool on 29 November 1920 on the Baltic. Then, on 3 July 1921, he was back in the USA on his way to Bay City having left Liverpool on 25 June and this time he was travelling with his wife, Gladys Bythell Barker. They returned on 2 October 1921 travelling first class on the Caronia.
He died on 4 February 1950, with his estate going to his wife and son.
- Descent of Thomas Henry Barker from the Plantagenets
- New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957. Year: 1919; ; Microfilm Serial: T715; Microfilm Roll: T715_2706; Line: 6; ; Page Number: 8.
- Board of Trade: Commercial and Statistical Department and successors: Inwards Passenger Lists. Kew, Surrey, England: The National Archives of the UK (TNA). Series BT26, 1,472 pieces. Class: BT26; Piece: 675; Item: 69.
- Probate: Barker Jonathon Tong of Victoria Villa, Halkyn Street, Flint died 4 February 1950. Probate Bangor 24 April to Gladys Bythell Barker widow and Wilfred Bythell Edwards university professor. Effects ₤1108.12s.7d.
- This person has a record on WeRelate: Jonathan Barker (2)