Samuel Maxwell West Croskery
1803 – after 1897
Charlotte Wallace Brown
|Siblings:||Alexander Brown Croskery|
10 March 1838 – 3 April 1897
Albert James Croskery
Samuel Maxwell West Croskery
|Partners:||Clara Croskery (née Nicol)|
Mary Croskery (née Gilmour)
1843-01-04 – 1899
|Children:||Marian Gilmour Hancox (née Croskery)|
8 December 1879 – 8 December 1970
Jeanie Elenora Dunsmuir MacConnal (née Croskery)
Born in County Down, Ireland. Notes:
- File:Attachment for sextants - patent US 544212.pdf
- 1876, Master of Stentor, Liverpool. Aged 28, Born Down Patrick. Last ship: Red Gauntlet, 14 December[illegible] 1875.
- 1881, Master of Bessarabia, Liverpool. Joined ship in Cardiff on 2 May 1881.
- Initiated to the Merchants Lodge in Liverpool aged 38 on 4 August 1885.
Letter to The Daily Mail, 1914:
U.S. Anger with Germany.
Futher evidence of United States sympathy with Great Britain's cause continues to reach this country. In a letter to Capetain Croskery, of New Ferry, Cheshire, Mr. John Stewart Morton, of St. Pault-street, Baltimore, says:
"Never have I seen the citizens of this country so worked up against a country as they are against the Germans. It just shows when old Mother England is in trouble our sympathies go right in her direction."
- Ancestry.com. Liverpool, England, Crew Lists 1861-1919 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2014. This collection was indexed by Ancestry World Archives Project contributors. File:Liverpool, England, Crew Lists 1861-1919.jpg Original data: Crew lists. 387 CRE. Liverpool Record Office, Liverpool, England. Crew lists (fishing boats). 387 FIS. Liverpool Record Office, Liverpool, England. Name: Samuel Maxwell West Croskery Age: 32 Birth Year: abt 1849 Birth Place: Down Event Date: 1881 Port of Registry: Liverpool, Lancashire, England Ship Name: Bessarabia Official Number: 78733 Reference Number: 387CRE/117
- File:Stentor Crew List 32168_100000_1806-00049.jpg
- Library and Museum of Freemasonry; London, England; Freemasonry Membership Registers; Description: Register of Contributions: Country and Foreign Lodges Supplement 1, fols 1-311 File:Liverpool freemason lodge, 1884.jpg
- Ancestry.com. UK, City and County Directories, 1766 - 1946 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013. File:GB1286-00127 Highfield Cres Rock Ferry.jpg
- "England and Wales Death Registration Index 1837-2007", database, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVHX-BC84 : 2 November 2021), Samuel M W Croskery, 1933.
- "England and Wales, National Index of Wills and Administrations, 1858-1957," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:7XWS-6DMM : 27 August 2019), Samuel Maxwell West Croskery, 11 Jul 1933; citing Probate, Over Pool, Cheshire, England, United Kingdom, Her Majesty's Stationery Office, Great Britain.; FHL microfilm .