Frederick Gordon Wilson
|Parents:||James Herbert Wilson|
Edith Olive Wilson (née Hall)
|Siblings:||Dorothy Jean McHarg Agnew (née Wilson)|
Frederick Gordon Wilson
Olive Adele Lang (née Wilson)
William Murray Wilson
Herbert Bruce Wilson
Lilian Jessie Rae Hussey (née Wilson)
b. 1910, d. c. 2013.
|Partners:||Helen Wilson (née Nelson)|
Jessie May Wilson (née Bowden)
|Keywords:||H.M. Wilson Archives|
Died aged 56 in 1963. Buried at Karrakatta. Grave stone:
In loving memory of our beloved husband & father James Herbert Wilson born 5th Feb. 1872, died 1st June 1942. Also our beloved mother Edith Olive Wilson born 8th Sept. 1892, died 18th Aug, 1966.
Frederick Gordon Wilson 1906–1963
- Previous trade qualifications: 5 years bicycle builder, 5 years salesman, 3½ years various.
- Enlisted 30 April 1940. Previously: Citizen Forces, 1925–1928.
- Attached to: 2 RAAF HOS (NE); 6 RAAF HOSP (NE); 2AP.
- Description: height 5'9", 154lbs, dark complexion, hazel eyes, brown hair. Presbyterian. Scars on right little figure, right anticubical fossa, and left leg.
- "Have had considerable fitting experience being proprietor of the Jubilee Cycle Works which I established in 1935 and sold in 1939." "Have since been in business as a dealer for the F.R. Watkins Co and as a salesman."
- No apprenticeship. "My knowledge was gained through contact with and employment in the cycle & motor business."
- "This is to certify that prior to the year 1938 the Jubilee Cycle Works, represented by Mr. F.G. Wilson, assembled a large proportion of our bicycles. We found the workmanship good and were quite satisfied with all the work done by him. Yours Faithfully The Bairds Co. Ltd. per H.H. Baird."
c/o Mr F. W. Main
KoordaMarch 21st 1940.
RAAF Recruiting Centre
It has occurred to me that, owing to my present address being in the country, I may not be called up for training as early as would be the case were I still in the city area. But I would like to draw your attention to the fact that I am mearly working up here while waiting for instructions to report for training and would esteem it a favour if you could keep this in mind.
Being very keen to commence I am naturally looking forward to such notice to report for training.
By reference to my application you will see that my home address is 89 Herbert St, Shenton Park, and that I was approved for training as a mechanic on Friday Feb. 23rd.
Yours in anticipation of an early call,
- 1940-04-30 Enlisted to 4 Recruit Depot, Pearce WA, as a Trainee Mechanic V. Jessie's address was given as Raglan Street, Pingelly.
- 1940-07-01 1ES Ascot Vale, Vic
- 1940-09-28: Re-mustered to Flight Mechanic II.
- 1940-10-01 2 AD Richmond
- 1942-04-24 1ES Ascot Vale, Vic
- 1942-07-09: Re-mustered to Fitter IIE I.
- 1942-07-15 (6 SFTS Mallala)
- 1943-01-16 (67 Squadron)
- 1943-07-24 No 6 RAAF Hosp N/E
- 1943-09-15: "Gordon is out of hospital, staying with Uncle Charlie, on leave, he lost 18 lbs in weight after this operation. Quite a heavy snow fall at Sherbrooke last Sunday. He enjoyed seeing it for the first time."
- 1943-09-30 "Gordon reports on Oct 4th for duty. Has gained much 'lost' weight."
- 1943-10-11 No 2 AP Bankstown
- 1944-06-16 No 4 PD WEF 5/6/44. au.[?]
- 1944-07-27 2RPP
- 1944-08-01 14 ARD
- 1944-11-03 2 RPP
- 1944-11-18 No 14 ARD
- 1945-08-12 12 ARD
- 1945-11-07: Discharged from RAAF.
- WILSON FREDERICK GORDON : Service Number - 16361] : Date of birth - 21 Jun 1906 : Place of birth - PERTH WA : Place of enlistment - PERTH WA : Next of Kin - WILSON JESSIE. File:WILSON FREDERICK GORDON, Service Number 16361.pdf
- Western Australian Registry of Births, Marriages, and Deaths (death in 1963). Perth district, registration number 520.
- Airgraph 1943-09-15 Edith to Murray
- Airgraph 1943-09-30 Edith to Murray