James Herbert Edward Hall
|Birth:||, Hamersley Range, Western Australia|
|Death:||, Roebourne, Western Australia|
|Parents:||James Anderton Hall|
Lillian Helena Hall (née Bruce)
|Siblings:||John Hugh Clarence Hall|
1861-04-21 – 1884-09-30
Mary Lucy Kate Hall
1863-03-30 – 1875-10-24
George William Henry Hall
Eva Agnes May Hall
Ernest Anderton Frank Hall
Samuel Godfrey Boyd Hall
1871-02-25 – 1945-07-21
Ada Maud Florence Solberg (née Hall)
Lillian Bertha Ella Hall
Edith Olive Wilson (née Hall)
Sydney (or Cecil) Randel Hall
1887-06-24 – 1887-12-24
Hubert Sylvian Hall
b. 1885, Roebourne; d. 1929 Moora.
James Herbert Edward Hall
b.1880 Roebourne; d.1918 Roebourne.
|Partners:||Flora Louise Hall (née Sherlock)|
|Keywords:||H.M. Wilson Archives|
James Herbert Edward Hall, known as Herbert Hall, was born on Hamersley Station, 20 May 1880.
Died 4th September 1918 at Roebourne Hospital, aged 38. Occupation: Station Overseer. Cause of death: Dengue, Pleurisy, Congestion of lungs, Heart failure (10 days). Parents: James Anderton Hall and Lillian Bruce. Informant: H. Aubrey Hall, Woodbrook Station, Roebourne. Burial: 4 September 1918, Roebourne Cemetery. Spouse: Flora Louise Sherlock (married 2 years earlier, in Perth).
- Applied to enlist 30 September 1916, Geraldton. Postal address: Nullagine. Age 36 years 3 months. Height 5' 7".
- Joined on 8 November 1916, as a Private, 93 Depot. Name: Herbert Hall. Later in 91 Depot and 22 Depot.
- Admitted to Fremantle Hospital 20 December 1916 with [illegible] and gastritis. Discharged 24 January 1917. Notes on discharge: "Twelve months ago began to suffer from attacks of pain & vomiting after eating. Has had three attacks since. The last time on Nov 11th he vomited blood. Has had attacks of nausia but no vomiting since admission. He also suffers from chronic constipation." Recommendation of the board: Discharge as permanently unfit.
- No entries in the regimental conduct sheet (Blackboy Hill).
- Discharged 5 February 1917.
The West Australian, 21 December 1916:
HALL—SHERLOCK.—On December 14, at St. Mary's Church, Colin-street, West Perth, by the Rev. Thos. Whitehead, Herbert H. Hall, A.I.F., eldest son of Mrs. F. W. Teesdale, of St. Leonard's-avenue, West Leederville, to Flora Louise, youngest daughter of Mr. and Mrs. F. H. Sherlock, of Victoria Park.
- Birth extract, Jamie Herbert Edward Hall
- James Herbert Edward Hall death certificate
- Title: Hall Herbert : SERN DEPOT 10885 : POB Roebourne WA : POE Geraldton WA : NOK M Tusdale Series number: B2455. Item ID 3007581
- Family Notices (1916, December 21). The West Australian (Perth, WA : 1879 - 1954), p. 1. Retrieved October 6, 2023, from http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article27000744