Harold Aubrey Hall
|Birth:||, Perth, Western Australia|
|Death:||, Swanbourne, Western Australia|
|Parents:||Hannah Boyd Hall (née Lazenby)|
William Shakespeare Hall
1825 – 1895
|Siblings:||Henry Ernest Hall|
Harold Aubrey Hall
Joy Hannah Emma Margaret Clifton (née Hall)
died in infancy, 1875
William Shakespeare Hall Jr.
died in infancy, Cossack, 1878
|Partners:||Helen Rose Hall (née Lodge)|
|Children:||Helen Margaret Wilson (née Hall)|
10 July 1915 – 21 February 2000
Constance Boyd Berryman (née Hall)
Joan Leake Salom (née Hall)
b. 1919 Roebourne – d. 1993 Perth
|Keywords:||H.M. Wilson Archives · Pilbara (create) · Western Australia (create)|
Born 20 May 1871.
Given a copy of Tennyson's works by Jay, for his 25th birthday.
Margaret was born in 1915, and soon afterwards Aubrey took a job as lighthouse keeper at Jarmen Island, the whole family moving there in part to get away from the extreme heat of Croydon station. Here they shared the accommodation with Mr Langer, a German national who in 1916 was taken from his post and interned. After his departure, Henry Ernest Hall joined Aubrey on Jarmen Island.
In 1919 their third daughter, Joan was born.
By the end of the 1950s he was living in a caravan at Comer Street in Como, Perth.
- 1871, May 20: Birth.
- 1895, Feb 11: His father died.
- 1895, Feb 28: Letter to Aubrey from Charles Harper.
- 1896–99: Living at Cossack.
|1916||Croydon Station via Roebourne [also given as via Whim Creek]|
|1917/18||Woodbrook, via Roebourne|
|1918||Manager, Andover Station|
|1918||Letter from Liverpool (UK) export gent to ‘Messrs Hall Bros & Co., Turner River, Pilbarra’ – re-addressed to Andover Station|
|1931||Stuart Street, Carnarvon|
|1934||droving from Mia Mia Station to Carnarvon|
|1938||Manilya Station, Carnarvon|
|1938||Walgan Outcamp, Lyndon|
|1938||Lyndon Lower Camp, Manilya Station, Carnarvon|
|1939||Wolga Camp, near Williambury Station|
|1940||'Yilbadji', via Marvel Loch|
|1940||Block 411, Miners Settlement, Marvel Loch road, via Southern Cross|
|1940||Smiths Farm, Marvel Loch|
|1941||c/- H.J. Watson & Co., Roebourne|
|1941||Passenger ‘Koolama’c/- State Shipping Service|
|20/8/41||c/- Eva Hall, Burekup|
|Dec.1941||c/- T.J. Lodge, ‘Stratham’, Capel|
|1942||Yaringa Sth Station, via Carnarvon Allan F.H. Kopke, sometimes given as via Geraldton|
|1942||Land Tax addressed to HAH and HEH at Marvel Loch|
|1943||c/- Estall Esq., Wooramel Station, via Geraldton|
|1946/47||Woopenatty, Arrino [c/- Mrs McAleer]|
|1947||Block 411, Marvel Loch|
|1948 (June)||Woopenatty, Arrino|
|1948 (Sept/Oct)||36 Congdon Street, Swanbourne|
|1948 (Dec)||Co-op Bulk Handling, Jennacubbine|
|1948/49||c/- Westralian Farmers, Jennacubbine|
|1949||36 Congdon Street, Swanbourne|
|1950 (Aug.)||Sth Yaringa Station, Hamelin Pool P.O., via Geraldton|
|1950||Co-op Bulk Handling, Three Springs|
|1951||Co-op Bulk Handling, Wubin|
|1952||Co-op Bulk Handling, Coorow|
|1952/53||c/- Co-op Bulk Handling, Winchester, W.A.|
|1956||c/- F.J. Thomson, Gasgoyne House, Woolonga via Cranbrook|
|1956||Gascoyne House, Woolonga via Cranbrook|
|1958 (Aug.)||c/- J.G. Thomson,, Woodleigh Station via Geraldton|
|1958 (Sept.)||Yaringa South Station|
|1959||36 Congdon St, Swanbourne|
|1961||Croydon Station, Roebourne|
With Helen in Roebourne, 1911. Info.
Aubrey and Helen Hall, two young men unknown, Ernest (Far's brother), and poss. Connie (maybe in Cossack). Info.
Aubrey riding 'Darky', c. 1950s. He rode until he was in his 80s. Note how they ride "long" in the stirrups. Info.
- Western Australian Registry of Births, Marriages, and Deaths (birth in 1871). Perth district, registration number 13090.
- Aubrey Hall's Works of Tennyson
- Western Australian Registry of Births, Marriages, and Deaths (marriage in 1910). Sussex district, registration number 14.
- 1910 Hall-Lodge wedding announcement
- C.B. Berryman family history
- C.B. Berryman 1983
- Four photos from Andover Station
- Aubrey Hall with caravan, 4
- Find a Grave, database and images (https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/223788802/harold-aubrey-hall : accessed 19 October 2021), memorial page for Harold Aubrey Hall (20 May 1871–11 Jan 1963), Find a Grave Memorial ID 223788802, citing Cossack Cemetery, Cossack, Karratha City, Western Australia, Australia ; Maintained by Kathy A (contributor 48215744).
- Western Australian Registry of Births, Marriages, and Deaths (death in 1963). Perth district, registration number 168.
- Addresses compiled by Judith Hall from addresses on envelopes and letters. Digitized copies to be added here when possible, or at hmw:Harold Aubrey Hall.
- H. Aubrey Collection at the WA Museum